Saturday, February 09, 2008

Longest Walk Yet

We walked three miles today. It was a beautiful, sunny, dark blue sky out with mild temps, so we decided to head to the park. Jessica and Anna played on the playground while Melinda and I walked the track. It was great! As we completed the first mile, I remembered that the iPod had a stopwatch feature, so I switched it on. I'm pretty sure our first mile was around fourteen minutes (based on my watch), and the next two miles went like this:

  • Mile 2 - 14:18.192
  • Mile 3 - 14:18.143

So, our pace is pretty consistent, and right where we need it to be to finish the half in under four hours. I could have gone one more mile at least, but Melinda was a little winded. I told her that this shows we can do it! We went three today, and all we have to do is do the same thing for ten more miles!

1 comment:

W. Mark Whitlock said...

Keep walking, Winters. Keep walking.