Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Scott's Trip to New York City

O.k. - we really want to share photos on this blog however I haven't been very happy with any of the options so far. I thought Slide.com was going to work, but in the end I didn't like the results. Flickr produced great results, but it was a lot of work to get the actual show into Blogger. Also, both of those options required that I be online while I create the slide show.

The best way to accomplish what I wanted to do was to actually build a Flash slide show myself. That isn't easy! I'd have to program the Flash show, find an online place to host it, and then publish it so that I could link it here to play for you. Too much work (not that you aren't worth it!).

Enter Flash Slide Show Maker. This FREE (yes, free) desktop program allows you create a great looking Flash slide show, but also provides FREE (there's that magic word again) online hosting of the show through SkyAlbum.com. All I have to do is create the show and it will upload it for me. Once that is done I copy and past the link and, viola, I have a great looking Flash-based slide show on the blog! I love technology! There are a lot of great features to the software, but I will let you read about it yourself.

Now, on to the good stuff!

I took this trip almost a year ago, but it was great test for using the software. I went to New York to visit with the Sony Corporation and attend a conference. Like all of my trips, I had to squeeze a lot in a short amount of time. So, here is a summary of my three-hour tour of New York City!





I am extremely pleased with the results of the slide show, so after many empty promises we can get to work on putting up more photos for you to enjoy and catch up with us.

P.S. - I am going back to New York again in May, so I am hoping to see some of the things I didn't get to see last year!

No comments: