Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Scott's trip to Washington DC

Happy New Year to all!!

We have been a little dry on posting over the holidays because we have a lot of pictures to share and I've been trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this. The previous slide show of my trip to Washington state was done at a site called Flickr, but in order to upload any reasonable amount of pictures you have to pay for the service. I wanted to avoid that. After much research, and even trying to do it myself in Flash, I found Slide. It's free and it even gives you all the code you need to put a slide show directly into a blog post. Before I had to do some HTML coding (a not so easy task when you have no idea what you are doing!). So far Slide seems like a great solution. Let us know what you think and we'll get more up as soon as possible (including the long overdue updates on each of us, and the house tour!). On a little bit of a technical note, I'm very suprised that Picasa doesn't support doing this since Google owns both Picasa and Blogger. Maybe in future updates...

Now on to the subject of this post. Below is a picture slide show from a business trip to Washington DC I took in November. Unfortunately, I left a few hours before Mark and Shary came home from Florida, so I didn't get to see them. :( This is a summary of about 4 hours of hard and fast sightseeing! All in all there are some good shots, so I hope you like them.

On a final note, Blogger has updated their site recently and in the transition my picture and my profile have become the default. I'm not sure why, but I will work on that quickly so that you can see all of us again.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive. Looks like you got to see a lot more than we did on tour our frosh year.

Randy