Monday, January 29, 2007

Housekeeping

A few items of update on the blog:

  1. Our profile is fixed, so the whole family is back! There's even an updated picture (it's bigger, too, so you can actually see us!). This was a snapshot taken at Thanksgiving.
  2. I've added a couple of little tools. The first is a service called Snap Preview. It allows you to hover over a link with your mouse (try it with the one above) and a small pop-up window will give you a preview of the website. This will help you determine if you really want to go to the site before you click and navigate away.
  3. Obviously we have been sporadic in updating (we are trying to correct that!). I'm sure that you have better things to do with your life than coming back to our little corner of the web just to see if we've posted anything. Well, worry no more. Over to the left I've added a place where you can sign up and you will receive an email notification whenever we get around to posting something. This is a service from a website called FeedBlitz. There is no spam, you aren't signing up for anything other than this update, and you will never have to worry about your email showing up anywhere. I've used this for a while and I've never had a problem. You will receive an email the morning after a post has been made. We'll try not to clutter your inbox too much! ;)

Finally, I have to give props to where these cool tools came from. The President and CEO of Thomas Nelson, Mike Hyatt, is an avid blogger. He's been a huge inspiration for me wanting to blog. He's also a fellow technophile and helps keep me up to date on technology. He has an incredible blog and I highly recommend that you take a look, and subscribe to it. Those of you reading this in the business world will find a treasure trove of information here, but even if you aren't in business you will find a lot of what Mike says useful. I've added his blog, From Where I Sit, to the links on the left.

I hope you enjoy these small enhancements. Like I said, we are trying to get better at updates. Keep checking back, or better yet subscribe and look forward to a surprise in your inbox soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!! I'm so glad for the subscription. I do look occasionally. Now I don't have to. Glad to hear all the good news from the Franklin area. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Shary, for the boys

The Schindel Six said...

okay..I am a blogger now and NEVER thought I would be! How fun is this?
:)

Jen said...

Hi, guys! You may not remember me - we used to go to Trinity in Franklin (in 2004) before we moved to Washington, DC. Glad to read about your updates - hope all is well!
Jen U