Friday, March 14, 2008

Thomas Nelson Marathon Kick Off

We had the official Marathon kick-off meeting at Thomas Nelson yesterday. As you can see from Mike Hyatt's blog, the company reached its goal of have 25% of the work force participating in either the Dallas or Nashville races. It was a great meeting with a lot of great information for first-timers like me. I learned more about rashes, chafing, and other potential problems than I care to admit! Melinda and I both are still WAY behind on our training. When I last posted we hadn't walked in a week or so, and then the whole family (except Anna) got sick, then I was busy at the NRB convention. So, here it is Friday and we still haven't walked! I was supposed to have walked 7 miles this past Sunday, but I have only done 3.5. We plan to get back on track this weekend and hit it hard over the next month. I am still confident that we can fisnish, since our goal it still to "just finish" and not push ourselves too hard the day of the race.

All in all, we are excited about the actual race. We still need to work out someone to watch the girls for us, and hopefully bring them down to the finish line (we would love to see them at the end!). We also still need to get shoes and socks. Otherwise, we can't wait to complete this monumental undertaking and feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with finishing!

No comments: